The FAS annual performance review for FY19 includes:
- Goal Setting: July 1, 2018 to November 30, 2018
- Ongoing Coaching Conversations: July 1, 2018 to July 31, 2019
- Summary Conversation: May 1, 2019 to July 31, 2019 (summary conversations can start earlier if needed)
In addition to goal setting and annual performance reviews, the performance process encourages ongoing dialogue between managers and employees throughout the year.
- Plan for regular conversations. Take some time for a conversation with your manager about what ongoing feedback would look like for the two of you, if you haven't discussed this already. This may include scheduled monthly conversations or an understanding that feedback will be given “in the moment” on a regular, ongoing basis.
- Keep track of what you discuss throughout the year. Throughout the year, document important points and new ideas from your conversations. This will be helpful in keeping track of feedback and discussions, and in summarizing important points at the end of the annual performance review cycle.
To help managers approach these ongoing conversations, we've developed this one-page document, which offers guidance on starting conversations, discussing development opportunities, and providing constructive criticism.
At the end of the annual performance management cycle, you and your manager will meet to discuss the successes, lessons learned, feedback, and areas for consideration for the next year.