Prior to Coming to Campus
Determine staff presence on campus due to business, ensuring compliance with Harvard University Guidance for On-Campus Activity and the EH&S Covid safety document. Tools for planning staff return to campus, including a planning template and space prioritization and visitor guidance, are available on the FAS Return to Campus Planning page.
Determine if there is any shared space or equipment that staff will need use and how best to schedule utilization. Make sure to think about communal spaces as well, including eating and drinking areas and restrooms. Refer to EH&S's Room and Space Use: General Guidance when planning for on-site staff presence.
Building managers will be providing masks for the first day staff and researchers are back on campus at department reception desks. Once this supply is exhausted, departments are responsible for ordering masks through WB Mason.
- Masks ONLY should be charged to Tub.Org.6640.Fund.600159.0004.00000. Admin Ops will reimburse departments for mask charges quarterly.
- FAS approved masks are item # NWLMASK3PLYDIS in WB Mason, and can be found by selecting Favorites > Masks and Gloves items within the WB Mason punch out store in Buy2Pay.
FAS Department Administrators should discuss cleaning supply needs with building managers.
Share appropriate resources with staff who will be working on campus, such as:
- Checklist for FAS Employees
- The process for submitting vaccination verification to HUHS. (Note:manager and DAs will not have access to staff members' vaccination status. This information is considered confidential.)
- A Color account for COVID-19 testing, tracing, and results
- Self-Administration of COVID-19 Test training on the Harvard Training Portal
- Information on drop off bins located throughout campus
- Harvard Transportation & Parking information
Crimson Clear for information on testing cadence and to document symptoms if they are feeling unwell
Address employee concerns, if any, regarding protocols for on campus work in general and specific to their locations. Contact your HR Consultant for guidance if staff member has concerns about returning to campus.
Ensure returning staff are informed about where to pick up Harvard-approved face masks and regarding cleaning protocols for their own workspace and communal spaces (restrooms, kitchens, etc.)
While on Campus
Regularly monitor that staff are complying with health and safety measures and engage with them if they have concerns or if you see violations of standard protocols. If you have questions, contact your HR Consultant.
Continue to monitor the University Coronavirus information page and the FAS Return to Campus Planning page to ensure that you and your staff have the most up-to-date guidance and policies.