- Are in good standing in their roles;
- For HLDP and Mentoring, have been in their current role for a minimum of one year as of the start of the program;
- Meet the grade and target audience guidelines (see program overviews below);
- Have their manager’s support to participate in the program (manager support is required for participation, please have a conversation with your manager prior to enrollment);
- Be able to make the time commitment to complete the program in full.
Space is limited, so please only register for one FY18 career development opportunity.
Mentoring and HLDP:
- First-come, first-served: Eligible staff will be enrolled on a first-come, first-served basis. Please keep in mind that FAS has limited slots and we will accommodate requests as best we can.
- Waitlist: For HLDP, if a course is full you will not see the "enroll" button. To add your name to the waitlist, click the "show interest" text at the bottom of the page.
- Pending approval: All enrollments are “pending approval” until eligibility has been checked.
- Participation surveys: After enrolling, you will receive a short follow-up questionnaire. Please be sure to complete this questionnaire to complete your enrollment request.
- Billing code: You will need a department billing code to register for HLDP. While the cost of these programs is covered centrally by the FAS, your department will be charged a fee if you drop out of the program close to the start date or if you miss several sessions.
- Fall/Spring Sessions: Certain courses are run multiple times per year. Be sure to use the Harvard Training Portal to sign up for the desired cohort.
- Application: FAS staff interested in CareerPlus will work with their manager to complete a short application and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selection of participants: Review of applications will be based on professional achievement and the written professional goals in the application. A review committee will select CareerPlus participants.
We are still accepting enrollment for the following Harvard Leadership Development Programs:
- Foundations of Leadership, Spring Session
- Leadership Strategies for the Individual Contributor, Spring Session
Leadership Essentials, Spring Session
- As of September 25, 2017, the FY18 FAS Staff Mentoring program and FY18 FAS CareerPlus programs are both full and enrollment has closed.
Please click on the expandable boxes below to learn more about each program including dates and eligible grades.