FAS CareerPlus provides one-on-one professional development and emerging leadership coaching for up to eight strong-performing FAS staff members per year (exempt staff, job levels 56-58), especially ethnic minorities and others who may contribute to the diversity of FAS leadership. A core program goal is to build a diverse talent pipeline within the FAS. CareerPlus is recommended for employees who have demonstrated a commitment to diversity and inclusion, professional development, and growth.
Through coaching, participants actively work on development goals and generate strategies for professional growth within FAS. Coaching includes an in-depth career assessment and provides assistance in developing a long-term professional growth plan. Potential participants should consistently demonstrate strong performance in their role and have indicated a desire for continued professional development.Selected participants are expected to attend orientation, three group coaching sessions, and four one-on-one coaching sessions with an assigned coach.
The FY19 program will run from September 2018 to May 2019. Participants are required to attend all of the following key program dates:
- Orientation: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 9:30-11:00am
- Tuesday, October 9, 2018, 9:30-11:00am
- Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 9:00-10:30am,
- Tuesday, March 12, 2018, 9:00-10:30am
- Closing Luncheon: Thursday, May 9, 2018, 12:00-1:30pm
More information about FY19 Career Development Enrollment can be found here.
- Coach: Angela Lifsey, Director, Talent Acquisition and Development; ICF PCC/Board Certified Coach
- Staff Support: Dominique Bocanegra, HR Programs Coordinator, FAS Human Resources, and Jennifer Bellenoit, HR Recruitment Coordinator, FAS Human Resources
Please note: Participation in CareerPlus does not guarantee continued employment or future promotions at FAS or Harvard University.