- Evacuation procedures should be followed in the event of fire or similar emergencies.
- Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) provides safety trainings for those who work with hazardous materials or in potentially hazardous conditions.
- The Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) (617-495-1212) is responsible for the safety and security of Harvard’s staff and students. HUPD can also help with safety-related concerns such as restraining orders, understanding the court process, and communicating with other police agencies.
- Register for MessageMe, Harvard University's Emergency Notification System, to receive critical information during emergencies via text messaging, voice, and/or email.
- Shuttle and Van Service is designed to transport staff, faculty, and students safely around the campus area as a supplement to the shuttle bus system.
- Harvard University Campus Escort Program (HUCEP) teams provide walking escorts every night during the academic year, and cover the Yard, River, and Quad areas.
Harvard’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides counseling, online resources, and seminars to help with any personal, family, or work-related issue including mental health, drug issues, relationship safety, and more.