The FAS Staff Mentoring Program gives FAS staff the opportunity to connect and learn from one another. Mentees receive access to expertise, support, and guidance, as well as the opportunity to expand their professional network. Since its pilot launch in 2007, more than 500 FAS staff have participated in the Mentoring Program.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS PROGRAM HAS CLOSED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST.
The Mentoring Program offers mentoring rings (i.e. group mentoring) to give participants a broader group of peers and mentors to connect with and learn from. Each mentoring ring includes approximately five mentees and two mentors. Participants must commit to monthly meetings of 60 to 90 minutes from November through June. In addition, all participants must also be able to attend the following sessions:
- Program Orientation: Tuesday, October 26, 2021 - 10:00 - 11:30 am (virtual)
- Career Development Session 1: Tuesday, December 7, 2021 - 9:30 - 11 am (location TBD)
- Career Development Session 2: Wednesday, February 2, 2022 - 1:00 - 2:30 pm (location TBD)
- Career Development Session 3: Wednesday, April 6, 2022 - 9:30 - 11:00 am (location TBD)
- Capstone Closing Event: Thursday, June 16, 2022 - 4:00 - 6:00 pm (location TBD)
Mentoring Program Goals
Cultivate a sense of FAS community, connectedness, and collaboration.
Through regular interactions and joint learning, mentoring rings naturally form a community in which mentees can grow, explore ideas, celebrate success, and find support.
- Build an inclusive culture that creates diverse networks within FAS for advancement and growth. Mentoring rings enable mentees to connect on a broader level with staff from across the FAS. Group discussions provide insight into different roles/units in the FAS and create an environment that encourages career exploration.
Promote a culture of learning.
Participants learn from each other and are encouraged to share what they have learned with colleagues in their department/unit. Reciprocal mentoring is encouraged, with all members of the mentoring ring contributing and encouraging each other to invest in continued learning and self growth.