Performance management provides FAS staff and managers dedicated time to reflect on progress, clarify expectations, and discuss priorities and potential career paths. Performance management is intended to foster staff member’s individual success, to engage managers in the development of their staff, and to support the priorities and goals of the FAS.
As in previous years, performance management is comprised of two basic parts:
The What: Continuous coaching conversations throughout the year
The How: Tracking of highlights of continuing conversations, to set priorities and goals, and summarizing themes at the end of the academic year.
As in FY19, the performance management process, including goal setting and annual reviews, will be documented in PeopleSoft. To access performance management materials in PeopleSoft:
- For staff access: From the PeopleSoft dashboard, click on the My Performance tile, and then select "Annual Review" for 7/1/19 to 6/30/20. Click on the different tabs--Instructions, Priorities, Ongoing Conversation, Summary, Competencies, and Feedback--to familiarize yourself with the available options. Enter your FY20 goals in to the Priorities tab.
- For manager access: From the PeopleSoft dashboard, click on the Team Performance tile, and then on the staff member’s name for 7/1/19 to 6/30/20.
More information about performance management in PeopleSoft is available in the FAQs.
- Annual Performance Review Cycle, which includes information on performance conversations and review over FY20.
- Resources for Managers and Staff, including webinars, guides, online resources, and more.
- Frequently Asked Questions, including information on assessment descriptions, sharing in PeopleSoft, and more.
We understand that you may need additional guidance about the performance review process. If you have questions or need more information, please reach out to your HR consultant.