The Faculty of Arts and Science's employees are our richest resource. Whether you are working in an academic department, a center, or in administration, you are integral to the FAS's success. Individually, your passion, professionalism, and commitment to our mission are vital to our standing as a world-class research and teaching institution. And as teammates and colleagues, your collaboration and connections with others are what make the FAS a rewarding workplace and a welcoming community.
To acknowledge the efforts of outstanding employees across the FAS and the University, the FAS promotes the following awards and recognition programs.
- Dean's Distinction: This annual program recognizes a small number of FAS staff members for their outstanding citizenship and exceptional contributions in support of the FAS's teaching and research mission.
- Harvard Heroes: The University-wide Harvard Heroes Recognition Program celebrates the extraordinary “above and beyond” contributions of Harvard staff.
- Impact Bonus Awards: This award honors our highest-achieving FAS staff members. Recipients of Impact Awards are strong collaborators who consistently exhibit superior performance with exceptional effectiveness.
- Harvard Service Milestone Recognition Program: *NEW* 2016 will bring big changes and a "One Harvard" approach to the way service milestones - work anniversaries from 5 to 60 years - are recognized. With this new program, faculty and staff across the University will receive a special message of thanks and congratulations, as well as a choice of gifts, including fine, fun, traditional, or Harvard insignia items, during their anniversary month. HARVie
- Department-level Recognition: From time to time, managers may want to locally recognize staff outside of the FAS-wide recognition programs. Please contact your HR Consultant for guidance regarding department-level recognition.
- Giving Thanks: An annual informal gathering providing the opportunity to write a note of thanks to a colleague, enjoy seasonal refreshments. donate financial contributions, gently used blankets, new socks, and non-perishable food items to share with the Harvard Square Homeless Shelter.