At the FAS, we understand that managing presents unique challenges and ever-changing circumstances. HR is available to help you with your short-term needs and long-terms goals for yourself, your staff, and for the FAS. Please take advantage of the services and resources available to you as a manager at Harvard.
- Your HR Consultant is truly your partner when it comes to addressing all types of workplace matters, providing guidance, advice, and answers that are informed by a deep understanding of FAS managers' particular business needs and challenges. He or she is available to guide and coach you on matters such as recruitment, employee relations, organizational development, new employee on-boarding, compensation, retention, and career development. He or she may also connect you with existing resources within the FAS or across all of Harvard to ensure that your needs are met.
- Harvard ManageMentor provides dozens of online learning modules for fostering management skills and applying them on the job immediately. Each module supplies practical advice, downloadable tools, and step-by-step guides to daily management responsibilities, from running a meeting to developing a strategy.
- Consultants at the Center for Workplace Development (CWD) and the Harvard's Employee Assistance Program (EAP) are also available to help managers concerned about workplace issues. While your HR Consultant is the best starting point for assistance, you can also call the EAP to discuss issues large or small. In addition, where appropriate, your HR Consultant may connect you with CWD, which provides internal consulting to assess needs and define strategies to enhance the performance of individuals, teams and departments.
Developing as a Leader
These resources help managers develop competencies for far-ranging results.
- The Harvard Leadership Development Program helps employees transform from competent contributors to leaders capable of reinventing Harvard for the future. Please be sure to contact your Department Administrator or FAS HR Consultant if you are interested in participating in this program.
- Leadership Coaching services through CWD are available for top-performing mid-to-senior-level managers. Coaching helps employees become more effective in their current roles and prepare for upcoming challenges. Please contact your HR Consultant for information about coaching services.
These manuals provide University-wide information to guide you and your staff.