The Work Number® is an automated service that protects your personal information during the verification process. This secure service is used when you apply for a mortgage or loan. a job, lease an apartment, or any other instance where proof of employment or income is needed.
Need Proof of Employment?
Give the person needing proof of your employment the following information:
- Your Social Security Number
- Harvard University Employer Code: 14392
- The Work Number® access options for verifiers: www.theworknumber.com or 1-800-367-5690
Need Proof of Income?
Harvard does not currently provide income verification through The Work Number®. Income verifications are completed by Harvard Payroll.
- Verifiers should fax your income verification request to Harvard Payroll at 617-496-3196.
- Income verification requests must include a release from the employee.
For any questions related to income verification, contact Harvard Payroll at 617-495-8500 and choose option 4.
Need to View Your Personal Data?
As an associate, you can access your employment data report via The Work Number® to view your personal data provided to TALX and to see who has accessed your information:
- The The Work Number® access options for employees: www.theworknumber.com or 1-800-367-2884
- Select "I'm an Employee"
- Select "Enter Site"
- Enter the Employer Code (14392) and select "Log In"
- Select "I want to get my Employment Data Report"
- Enter your User ID (your SSN) and select "Continue"
- Enter your PIN (the last four digits of your SSN followed by your 4 digit birth year) and select "Log In"
- Select "Employment Data Report"