Resources for FAS Managers and Staff:
- The Performance Management Webinar for FAS Staff and Managers covers topics relevant to both managers and staff such as:
Coaching as Conversation: a Guide for Managers helps managers navigate coaching conversations, including how to have ongoing coaching conversations, ways to start conversation, and offering constructive criticism.
Owning Your Own Performance Management: a Guide for Staff provides guidance to staff on how they can take an active role in their own performance management, including asking for feedback and embracing a growth mindset.
- Talking Points for FAS Managers on MEPA as it relates to FY19 Performance Management provides helpful information for managers on the Massachusetts Equal Pay Act (MEPA) and how it related to the FY19 performance management process.
- Making Feedback Work (Lynda.com): an online video tutorial that provides practical advice on giving performance feedback.
- Making the Most of Feedback: in this CWD course inspired by the book, Thanks for the Feedback, participants explore the importance of giving and receiving feedback with a growth mindset.
- Feedback Essentials: this Harvard ManageMentor online self-paced course covers how to give effective positive or critical feedback and more.
- Providing Feedback: an online tutorial on how to give feedback to both peers and those who you manage.
- Thanks for the Feedback: The Science and Art of Receiving Feedback Well by Douglas Stone and Sheila Heen
- Radical Candor: Be a Kick-Ass Boss Without Losing Your Humanity by Kim Scott